What is Invisalign?
Many people dream of having straight teeth but don’t want to go through the process of traditional braces. Invisalign is an alternative to traditional metal braces and offers a clear covering of the teeth as opposed to the bulkiness and discomfort of braces. Are you wondering if you could be a candidate for Invisalign? Schedule a consultation today to find out!
Invisalign vs. Traditional Braces
- Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible. You can get straight teeth without bringing a lot of attention to your teeth in the process.
- Invisalign requires minimum upkeep. With Invisalign, you can simply remove the aligners, clean your teeth, and then reinsert the Invisalign aligners. This will keep your teeth from getting discolored during the straightening process.
- Choosing Invisalign means choosing more time for your schedule. Invisalign requires less trips to the dentist and you can avoid the discomfort of getting braces tightened and adjusted regularly. This will make mealtime more enjoyable and less of a painful experience.
The Start-to-Finish Steps of Invisalign
- You will schedule your first appointment for digital impressions of your teeth and a set of aligners will be created to fit your teeth.
- You will get to see results on the computer of what your teeth will look like when they are straight before you even start using the Invisalign!
- Sets of aligners will be made to gradually straighten your teeth. You will switch to a different set of aligners every two weeks.
- You will see slow, steady movement as your teeth straighten more every week and will continue to see the doctor every 6-8 weeks.
- After one year, most Invisalign patients have straight teeth and can stop wearing the aligners.
- The doctor will then decide if you need to wear a retainer to keep your teeth aligned. Most likely you’ll wear this retainer at night.
Invisalign for Adults
Do you wish could go back in time to get a straight, beautiful smile? You’re never too old to get the smile you desire! Invisalign could be the perfect solution for you! Many adults won’t even consider traditional braces. Invisalign offers an alternative with clear aligners that don’t bring attention to your teeth. The timing couldn’t be better to get the smile you want without the hassle of traditional braces.
Invisalign for Teens
As an alternative to braces, Invisalign could be a good fit for your teen. Not only will they be more confident having clear aligners as opposed to metal braces, but they will also be able to take out the Invisalign for school pictures. Invisalign won’t get in the way of their day-to-day active lives!